A 33-year-old South Australian man has been charged with attempted murder following an incident in which another man was allegedly hit by a car and assaulted on the Barrier Hwy in South Australia’s Mid North.
South Australian Police said they were called to the highway north of Hallett at about 10.30pm on Monday following a report that a 25-year-old Hallett man had been hit by a car and assaulted.
He was flown to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
A 33-year-old Hallett man, known to the 25-year-old, was arrested at the scene and charged with attempted murder, police said.
Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>
The 33-year-old was refused police bail and will appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court on Tuesday, January, 16.
Police are calling on anyone with information to contact police.