bosswin168 slot gacor 2023
situs slot online
slot online
situs judi online
boswin168 slot online
agen slot bosswin168
bosswin168
slot bosswin168
mabar69
mabar69 slot online
mabar69 slot online
bosswin168
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
ronin86
cocol77
ronin86
cocol77
cocol77
https://wowcamera.info/
mabar69
mahjong69
mahjong69
mahjong69
mabar69
master38
master38
master38
cocol88
bosswin168
mabar69
MASTER38 MASTER38 MASTER38 MASTER38 BOSSWIN168 BOSSWIN168 BOSSWIN168 BOSSWIN168 BOSSWIN168 COCOL88 COCOL88 COCOL88 COCOL88 MABAR69 MABAR69 MABAR69 MABAR69 MABAR69 MABAR69 MABAR69 MAHJONG69 MAHJONG69 MAHJONG69 MAHJONG69 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 ZONA69 ZONA69 ZONA69 NOBAR69 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38 ROYAL38
SLOT GACOR HARI INI SLOT GACOR HARI INI
BOSSWIN168 BOSSWIN168
BARON69
COCOL88
MAX69 MAX69 MAX69
COCOL88 COCOL88 LOGIN BARON69 RONIN86 DINASTI168 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 RONIN86 MABAR69 COCOL88
ronin86
bwtoto
bwtoto
bwtoto
master38

Lisa Wilkinson takes the stand in Bruce Lehrmann defamation trial

Lisa Wilkinson takes the stand in Bruce Lehrmann defamation trial
0 0
Read Time:3 Minute, 0 Second

High-profile journalist Lisa Wilkinson says she escalated her concerns about a claim by alleged rape survivor Brittany Higgins that her phone had been completely wiped.

Higgins told Wilkinson and Ten producer Angus Lewellyn she had lost all data on her mobile but still retained a few messages and photographs she handed over as evidence that she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Bruce Lehrmann.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Lisa Wilkinson takes the stand in Bruce Lehrman defamation trial.

Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>

Wilkinson was asked about this meeting, which took place in a Sydney hotel on January 27, 2021, on Thursday in the Federal Court during defamation proceedings brought by Lehrmann.

She described a claim by Higgins that the federal government could remotely wipe phones as “curious” and “strange”.

“I was trying to get to the bottom of the phone situation, so alarm bells were ringing for me,” she said under cross-examination by Lehrmann’s barrister, Matthew Richardson SC.

She denied the barrister’s suggestion this should have made her question Higgin’s reliability, instead saying the claim made her see the alleged rape survivor as a “very scared young woman”.

Lehrmann is suing Network Ten and Wilkinson for defamation over a February 2021 report on The Project that aired Higgins’ claims.

Bruce Lehrmann arrives at the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney. Credit: Dean Lewins/AAP

In the interview, Higgins said the alleged rape occurred in the office of her then-boss Senator Linda Reynolds in the early hours of March 2019.

Lehrmann has always denied any sexual contact between himself and Higgins, and is chasing Network Ten and Wilkinson for damages.

Wilkinson said because of the sensitive nature of sexual assault, Lewellyn had been assigned as the only person from Ten to have contact with Higgins during the preparatory stages.

She said she had spoken to the producer about the phone issue but was told it should be ignored as it raised “unanswerable questions” and weakened rather than strengthened Higgins’ allegations.

She also escalated her concerns to two other senior members in the team, Wilkinson told the court.

“I was told it had been further investigated and it was now a non-issue,” she said.

The journalist also rejected propositions by Richardson that an award speech after The Project won a silver Logie for the Higgins report was “reckless and ill-advised”.

Lisa Wilkinson (left) arrives at the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney. Credit: Dean Lewins/AAP

The speech was made eight days before Lehrmann’s criminal trial over the alleged rape was due to begin and resulted in the proceedings being postponed because of fears her comments could have influenced potential jury members.

“You put your pride and your ego ahead of my client’s right to a fair trial when you gave that speech,” Richardson said.

“I completely disagree,” Wilkinson replied.

Lehrmann was charged in August 2021 over the alleged rape, but his criminal trial in the ACT Supreme Court was derailed by juror misconduct.

Prosecutors did not seek a second trial, citing concerns for Higgins’ mental health.

Lehrmann is also before Queensland courts accused of raping another woman twice in Toowoomba in October 2021.

He has not entered a plea, but his lawyers have indicated he denies the charges.

If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800RESPECT.org.au.

Kathleen Folbigg speaks after being acquitted of convictions over babies’ deaths

Sydney dad’s sick admission after mum came home to lifeless newborn

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
COCOL88 GACOR77 RECEH88 NGASO77 TANGO77 PASUKAN88 MEWAHBET MANTUL138 EPICWIN138 WORTEL21 WORTEL21 WORTEL21 WORTEL21 WORTEL21